If you’ve lost a loved one this year – especially so close to the holidays – it can be tough. As much as you wish for the return to normalcy, there will always be something missing. While you may not be able to fill the void, there are ways you can honour your departed loved one this holiday season.
In lieu of gifts, some people opt to donate to a preferred charity in memory of the person who has passed.
Here are some local York Regional and national organizations to consider:
- Canadian Cancer Society – Toronto, Peel and Southern York Region
- Canadian Red Cross
- Heart & Stroke
- Ontario SPCA
- Diabetes Canada
- Sick Kids
- Markham Stouffville Hospital
- Mackenzie Health Foundation
- Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
- North York General Foundation
- Parkinson Canada
- ALS Society of Canada
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Women’s Centre of York Region
This is just a few of the many, many organizations out there to support. Choose one that’s close to your heart. This is perfect for the hard to shop for person on your list. Honour a loved one with charitable giving.
Chapel Ridge Funeral Home and Cremation Centre in Markham is dedicated to supporting members of our community during these difficult times.