When planning a service or memorial, there are many choices to make, such as funeral music, flowers and readings. Choosing music can tricky. You want to make sure it’s appropriate, while staying true to the deceased.
This post isn’t going to be about hymns or instrumentals – that could be a future blog, of course, but for this we’re going to focus on songs with music and lyrics that would either be played or performed live.
Funeral Music – The Oldies
1. Memories by Barbra Streisand
2. In My Life by The Beatles
3. My Way Frank Sinatra
4. Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
5. Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
Funeral Music – Contemporary
1. My Hero by Foo Fighters
2. Good Riddance (Time of my Life) by Green Day
3. I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
4. Broken Halos by Chris Stapleton
5. See You Again by Wiz Khalifa & Charlie Puth
It’s important to discuss music with loved ones. Everyone will have their own ideas.
You can always discuss these details with the staff at Chapel Ridge Funeral Home and Cremation Centre in Markham. Contact us today!