Cremation or Burial?
Chapel Ridge Funeral Home & Cremation Centre can tell you that this is one of the major decisions that has to be made when a death occurs.
If the family has traditionally chosen burial in previous generations, or if the family already owns plots in a local cemetery, you may decide to choose earth burial.
Or family may not like the idea of cremation and opt for burial. There are certain costs associated with burial, including casket selection, plot purchase, the interment fee, and the monument in the cemetery. Each cemetery is governed by their own board of directors or owner, and therefore prices and guidelines differ from one cemetery to the next
Is Cremation More Affordable?
Sometimes people assume that cremation is less costly than burial, which may or may not be true, depending on whether cremation occurs before or after a service.
Chapel Ridge Funeral Home can offer expert advice on options for both burial and cremation, which are not expensive. Part of our philosophy here at Chapel Ridge is that you do not have to measure how much you love someone by how much you spend on their funeral. We offer dignified and respectful funeral options and choices at fair and reasonable prices, and we do not up-sell or encourage you to spend more than you need or want.
- The deceased may be interred (earth burial)
- The deceased can be entombed in a crypt within a mausoleum (above-ground burial)
Reasons For Choosing Burial:
- Burial is traditional within your family, religious group, or geographical area
- You do not like the idea of the body being “burned”
- You prefer to have the body slowly return to the elements
- You want to erect a monument on the grave
- Perhaps you want to visit the grave in the days to come, and you find a graveyard more appealing than say, a columbarium
Decisions You Must Make If You Choose Burial
- Whether or not the body is to be embalmed
- Which kind of casket (or coffin) will house the body
- Whether to buy a casket or build your own
- Whether or not the cemetery requires a vault or grave liner
- Which cemetery to use
- What kind of plot
- What to put on the gravestone